Shopping from Change
Save up to $30/mo on Xfinity internet and mobile services
Am I eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program?
Shop and apply
Save on your bill
Your Internet Essentials service
could be free
Frequently asked questions
A household is eligible if the entire household income is at or below twice the federal poverty level (for example, $60,000/year for a family of four, $29,160/year for an individual) or if any member of the household meets at least one of the following criteria:
• Qualifies for the federal Lifeline program, including:
• Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
• Federal Public Housing Assistance
• Veterans and Survivors Pension Benefit
• Tribal Programs for Residents for Qualifying Tribal Lands
• Receives benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch program or the school breakfast program, including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision• Received a federal Pell Grant in the current award year
In order to confirm your eligibility for ACP, we will have to share certain qualifying information about you with the Federal Government.
ACP applies to monthly charges for Xfinity Internet service, including unlimited data plans, and leased internet equipment, 30-day refills for Xfinity Prepaid Internet service, and Xfinity Mobile data usage and service fees. Qualified households will receive a total credit of up to $30/month towards these services or up to $75/month for qualified households within Tribal lands. The amount of the credit depends on the rate for the services selected.
If you have both Xfinity Internet and Xfinity Mobile services, the ACP benefit will first be applied to the Internet portion of your bill. Any remaining ACP benefit will be applied to Xfinity Mobile services.
Xfinity Prepaid Internet lets you pay for Internet by the month, just $45 for 30 days. You may only apply the ACP benefits to the 30 day Prepaid Internet service. To use ACP benefits with Xfinity Prepaid Internet, follow a few simple steps:
1. Get approved
Complete the National Verifier form to see if you qualify for ACP and get your unique National Verifier ID
2. Sign up
Sign up for Xfinity Prepaid Internet in person at an Xfinity Store or online at xfinityprepaid.com
3. Complete enrollment
Have your National Verifier ID ready and call 844-963-0288 to complete Xfinity ACP enrollment through Xfinity to save on your next bill.
Once successfully enrolled, your ACP benefit will be issued by account credit or refund after the applicable 30-day period covered by the refill. For cash purchases, the refund will be issued by check. For card purchases, the refund will be issued as a refund to the card used for purchase.
Note that if you have Xfinity Prepaid Internet and choose not to refill for the next month, you will be de-enrolled from ACP.
The ACP credit cannot be used for internet data overage charges, 7-day refills or purchase of the modem for Xfinity Prepaid Internet service, Xfinity Mobile device payments, Xfinity Mobile Protection Plan, taxes and fees, or any non-internet or non-mobile Xfinity products or equipment, including Xfinity TV, Xfinity Voice, and Xfinity Home.
The following types of customers cannot apply their ACP credit toward internet service:
• Customers who receive internet service provided to them by their residential building through Xfinity Communities or Xfinity On Campus and do not have an individual Xfinity account with upgraded internet services
• Customers whose internet account is in voluntary seasonal suspend status
• Customers whose Internet Essentials service is provided through an organization or school sponsored program
Any of the above mentioned customers who qualify for ACP can enroll in ACP and apply their credit toward their Xfinity Mobile service.
Once you’re connected to Internet service and enrolled in ACP through Xfinity, no further action is required to apply any remaining credit to your Xfinity Mobile service. The ACP credit will be applied first toward your Internet service and leased Internet equipment.
Then, if any portion of the ACP credit remains, it will be automatically applied to your Xfinity Mobile data usage and/or service fees and will be reflected on your Xfinity Mobile bill.
You may be de-enrolled from ACP through Xfinity for various reasons, including the following:
• If you no longer meet the eligibility requirements of ACP.
• If you notify another service provider that you wish to transfer your ACP benefit to them from Xfinity.
• If you request to be de-enrolled from ACP through Xfinity.
• If the monthly cost of your Internet service is entirely covered by the ACP benefit and you have not used the service at least once in the past 30 days.
• If you are an Xfinity Prepaid Internet customer and you do not refill your 30-day service within the required time period.
Each year, the Universal Service Administrative Company (USAC) must confirm your continued eligibility for the ACP benefit. If USAC is unable to confirm your continued eligibility through its automated database, you will be contacted with next steps on what you must do to recertify your ACP eligibility. If you do not recertify within the time period provided by USAC, you will be removed from ACP, lose your ACP credit, and be responsible for the full cost of your Internet service.
You can learn more about USAC's ACP recertification process here. You can also contact USAC's ACP Support Center by emailing ACPSupport@usac.org or calling (877) 384-2575.
Internet Essentials provides affordable home Internet for qualifying households ($9.95/mo for up to 50 Mbps, or $29.95/mo for up to 100 Mbps) — as well as low-cost computers, free WiFi hotspots, and free Internet training.
Get started with a few simple steps: https://www.internetessentials.com/apply
You could get your Internet service for free when you qualify for and enroll in ACP and Internet Essentials or Internet Essentials Plus. Learn more at https://www.xfinity.com/free
No credit check is required when signing up only for Xfinity Internet with ACP. However, if you're subscribing to other Xfinity services in addition to Xfinity Internet, we may need to gather a little more information through a credit check to ensure you're all set to make payments on those services that are not supported by ACP (TV, Home Phone, or Home Security). A credit check may also be required if you're adding Xfinity Mobile and have three or more mobile devices in your cart or you're financing a device through a monthly payment plan. We'll always ask your permission first. If we need to gather this information, you'll be prompted at checkout to perform a credit check. Your credit score won't be affected.