Am I eligible for Internet Essentials?
Frequently asked questions
There are three ways to verify your identity. The first option is to provide your social security number. For those who don’t want to provide their social security number, you can verify your identity using a one-time passcode to your mobile phone. If you choose to verify with a passcode, you can skip the SSN field in the application, provide your mobile number, and follow the instructions to receive a one-time passcode. A final option is to either visit one of our Xfinity stores or upload a selfie with one form of Primary Identification or two forms of Secondary Identification.
- Current US or Canadian Driver's License or state photo ID card or expired photo Driver's License not more than five years from expiration date
- Current US Passport or expired US Passport not more than five years from expiration date
- Current Foreign Country Passport
- Valid Resident Alien Card/Permanent Resident Card (INS Form I-551)
- Certificate of US Citizenship (N-560 or N-561)
- Certificate of US Naturalization (N550, N-570, or N-578)
- Employment Authorization Document (INS Form I-688 or I-766)
- Bureau of Indian Affairs Tribal ID card
- Photo employment ID card issued by US Government agency
- Current Welfare / Social Services photo ID card
- Foreign National Identification card
- Foreign Driver's license
- Foreign Voter's Registration card
- Foreign Military Identification card
- Other government-issued identification document, including municipal ID
- I-94 arrival/departure record card
- Official documents that list the applicant as the parent of a child (e.g. birth certificate, adoption, school, church/baptismal certificate, insurance, legal, or medical record). This must contain the applicant's name.
- Matricula Consular Card
- Non-photo Driver's license
- US Department of State Non-Immigrant Visa
- Court document in applicant's name – must contain full name, DOB, court seal Examples: Marriage certificate, Divorce decree, Legal name change
- Current weapons or gun permit with photo
- Current school photo ID card
- Medicaid card or most recent eligibility letter for any member of your household
- Copy of utility bill in applicant's name is preferred
- Voter Registration card
- Current employment badge / photo ID
- W-2 form
- Selective Service Registration (Draft card)
- Birth certificate
- Mortgage coupons or notarized lease in applicant's name
- Bank statement in applicant's name
- Credit card in applicant's name
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN)
You may be asked to provide one document from the list below to help confirm your eligibility:
- MEDICAID: Card or most recent eligibility letter for any member of your household.
- Public housing assistance documentation such as your lease, housing assistance payment (HAP) contract, or eligibility documentation from HUD.
- SNAP: Letter indicating you are approved for Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program benefits.
- TANF: Eligibility letter for Temporary Assistance for Needy Families.
- SSI: Eligibility letter for Supplemental Security Income.
- NSLP/Head Start: Letter indicating current participation in the National School Lunch Program or Head Start, with your child's name, the school name, and the address of where you are requesting service.
- LIHEAP: Letter confirming your eligibility for Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program.
- WIC: Eligibility letter for the Women, Infants, and Children program.
- FEDERAL PELL GRANT: Documentation from your institution’s financial aid office.
- VA PENSION: Veterans pension eligibility determination letter from the Veterans Administration.
- Tribal assistance eligibility letter, including TTANF, FDPIR, etc.
There are four different ways you can submit documents:
- Online: Visit your existing application by signing in and uploading documents online through your phone or computer.
- Email: Scan or take a photo of your documents and email them to: IEApplication@comcast.com
- Mail: Send paper copies of your documents and signed application to: Internet Essentials, PO Box 397, Bridgeport, NJ 08014-9735
- Fax: Fax paper copies of your documents and signed application to 1-888-294-7113.
Please make sure you include your application number with mailed or fax documents. Your submitted documents will not be returned to you.