Let’s talk Internet data. Need more than 1.2 terabytes (1,229 GB) of data per month? Unlimited plans are available.
Xfinity Internet plans come with 1.2 terabytes (1,229 GB) of Internet data*. There’s so much you can do with that:
- Streaming – Listen to 21,600 hours of non-stop music or binge 500 hours of your favorite shows in HD.
- Multi-player gaming – Game online for 34,000 hours with friends and family from across the country.
- Connecting – Video chat for 3,500 hours for all your remote learning and work-from-home needs.
* The 1.2-terabyte data plan is currently not applicable in our Northeast markets, including CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, VA, VT, WV, the District of Columbia, and parts of NC and OH.
If you use more than 1.2 terabytes (1,229 GB) in a month without being on an Unlimited plan, we will notify you and add 50-GB blocks to your account for $10 each. Your charges, however, won’t exceed $100 each month, no matter how much you use.
If Unlimited is more your style, we have options for you: add xFi Complete to any eligible Internet plan. xFi Complete is available for just $11 more per month (for customers who lease our Gateway modem + router—otherwise get xFi Complete with our Gateway for just $25 per month total). It includes unlimited data to support you and everything you love online.
Plus, when you upgrade your in-home WiFi with xFi Complete, you’ll also get:
- Protection from millions of cyberthreats at home and on the go
- A complimentary Gateway upgrade after three years, so you’ll always have the latest equipment
- An xFi Pod for whole home coverage, if recommended
Curious about how much data you’re actually using? Or maybe you’re looking to better manage your data to avoid future overages? We have some tips and tricks that can help you manage your WiFi — all fueled by powerful Xfinity Internet and our xFi Gateway — within the Xfinity app.
- View your data usage with Xfinity Assistant – Just click “data usage” in Account, or type “view my data usage” directly into the Xfinity Assistant.
- Create profiles and down time – Make sure unwanted devices aren’t using your data after- hours by assigning all your devices to profiles, which you can easily turn on and off. Go to the “People” tab to get started.
- Set active time limits – After assigning devices to a profile, click on that profile to set and view Active Time limits — whether you only want your children to be online for 60 minutes per day, or your TV to stream one movie per day.
- Pause individual devices – Visit the “Connect” tab to view all the devices connected to your xFi Gateway and pause WiFi to any of them.