Effective Date: April 14, 2017
These Terms for Submission of Feedback, Suggestions, and Ideas ("Agreement") apply to you because you are asking Comcast to consider feedback, a suggestion, or an idea.
As you might be aware, Comcast has a large and productive creative and technical staff dedicated to developing new and innovative products in the cable, television, internet, media and entertainment industries. Comcast also works with a number of vendors and consultants, each of whom also conduct extensive research and development efforts on behalf of Comcast. Therefore, it is always possible that a Comcast employee or consultant is working on or has already developed the very suggestion or idea you would like to submit to Comcast. It is also possible that Comcast employees or consultants may later develop an idea similar or even identical to the one you submit to Comcast, without having access to your submission, or that your idea has been or will be suggested by another submitter. It is also possible that your idea might already be disclosed in prior publications or might already be in public use.
Therefore, to avoid potential misunderstandings that could arise out of these situations, it is Comcast's practice not to receive or consider any feedback, suggestions, ideas or other submissions on a confidential basis. In other words, Comcast will not promise to keep anything you submit confidential, nor will Comcast promise to use your suggestion or idea, and Comcast will not compensate you if it does use your suggestion or idea. These conditions govern all information contained in your submission, as well as any subsequent communications (written, electronic, or verbal) you may have with Comcast.
These conditions are intended solely to protect Comcast. Therefore, if you desire, consider consulting a lawyer before submitting your feedback, suggestion, or idea. If you do not agree to all of these terms, do not submit your feedback, suggestion, or idea.
You understand that by submitting your feedback, suggestion, or idea you are representing and warranting to Comcast that you agree to and accept these terms. In particular, you represent to Comcast that:
- You are the owner of all right, title, and interest in the information (whether it be feedback, a suggestion, or an idea) that you desire to submit to Comcast.
- You have not relied, and will not rely, on representations by any Comcast employee that contradict the terms of this Agreement.
- You are at least 18 years of age.
You understand and agree that:
- This Agreement applies to your initial feedback, suggestion, or idea, and all other information you have provided or later provide to Comcast, whether orally, electronically, in writing or in the form of a physical object.
- Comcast is not obligated to keep confidential the information contained in your submission, or any information you present in later communications with Comcast.
- Comcast is free to test, evaluate, use, and commercialize any ideas, suggestions, or information disclosed by you for any purpose whatsoever and without compensation to you.
- You grant to Comcast an irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, unrestricted license to use, copy, distribute, make, exploit, sell, offer for sale, practice, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, publicly perform, and publicly display, and authorize others to do so, all or any portion of your suggestion or idea in any manner whatsoever, in any medium now known or later developed, without paying or otherwise compensating you, without indicating that it is yours, and without having any obligation or liability to you or to any other person or entity.
- You do not have a confidential, fiduciary or other relationship with Comcast, and no such relationship can arise in the absence of a written agreement signed by a duly authorized officer of Comcast.
- No Comcast employee has authority to vary the terms of this Agreement except through a writing signed by a duly authorized officer of Comcast.
- Comcast is in no way obligated to return to you any documents, items or other materials you provide to Comcast.
- Any disputes that arise between Comcast and you regarding this Agreement or Comcast's use of your submissions will be governed by Pennsylvania law (without regard to its conflict of laws provisions), and venue for any actions shall be in the Commonwealth or federal courts of Pennsylvania located in Philadelphia County.
Comcast's consideration of your suggestion or idea, and any other information you may choose to disclose, is expressly conditioned on the representations and agreements you have made in this Agreement.
Revised and Effective: April 14, 2017