As current circumstances have made it more challenging to view films, Universal Pictures and other studios are making their movies available in the home on the same day as their global theatrical releases.
Xfinity customers can access new films on demand by saying “Xfinity Movie Premiere” into their Xfinity Voice Remote.
New On Demand:
The King of Staten Island – Available, June 12
In The King of Staten Island, Judd Apatow directs Saturday Night Live breakout Pete Davidson in a bracing comedy about love, loss and laughter on Staten Island. The film, loosely based off Davidson’s upbringing, including losing his father during 9/11 and entering the world of stand-up comedy. The King of Staten Island also stars Steve Buscemi, Bel Powley, Marisa Tomei and Bill Burr.
Irresistible – Available, June 19
From writer/director Jon Stewart comes the comedy Irresistible, which tells the tale of a Democrat political consultant (Carell) who helps a retired Marine colonel (Cooper) run for mayor in a small Wisconsin town.
The High Note – Now Available
The High Note, set in the dazzling world of the L.A. music scene comes the story of Grace Davis (Tracee Ellis Ross), a superstar whose talent, and ego, have reached unbelievable heights. Maggie (Dakota Johnson) is Grace’s overworked personal assistant who’s stuck running errands but still aspires to her dream of becoming a music producer. Things come to a head when Grace’s long-time manager (Ice Cube) presents the singer with a choice that could alter the course of her career, and Grace must choose between playing it safe or listening to her heart in a decision that could change her life forever.
More titles available on demand
Other titles from Universal, its specialty label Focus Features, and more including The Hunt, The Invisible Man and Emma, are available on Xfinity On Demand for a 48-hour rental period at a retail price of $19.99 in the U.S. Trolls World Tour and SCOOB! are also available for the younger members of the household!
Xfinity Movie Premiere offers the following benefits:
- Any snacks you want at much lower cost than movie theater snacks.
- Liked it a lot? Watch it again as many times as you want during the rental period.
- Big family? A family of four can watch for the same price… about half of what it would cost to go to the theater according to The National Association of Theatre Owners
- Don’t miss a moment for bathroom breaks… pause… break… resume.
- Missed a crucial piece of dialog… that 15-second skip back button comes in reeeeal handy now, eh?
- Save on the gas or Uber or transit costs of getting to the theater.
- Want to sit on the floor? A bean bag chair? Lay in bed and watch? Go ahead… we won’t judge.
- Talk as much as you gosh-darn want during the movie (assuming your family is okay with it)… yell at the screen… hide your eyes… cry like you’ve never cried before at the emotional parts (The Invisible Man will do that to you, folks)
Start watching today; just say “Xfinity Movie Premiere” into your Xfinity Voice Remote to get started!