Three billion. That’s how many people watched the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil™. This year, the question remains: will America’s failure to qualify for soccer’s biggest event result in a drop off in stateside viewership? We don’t think so. Soccer is gaining steam in the U.S., and just because the U.S. Men’s National Team is missing out on the action, doesn’t mean you have to.
The difference between watching, experiencing:
Anybody with access to a television and a TV Box can watch a soccer match, but it takes more to access the optimum 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™ viewing experience. Let’s say, for example, an entertainment experience designed by the all-star technology team at Comcast. Our Xfinity X1 entertainment platform allows you to stay on top of all the action with the latest features on X1 TV, the X1 Voice Remote, and the Xfinity Stream app.
Xfinity makes it easier than ever to stay updated on the 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™.
If you watched the Olympic Winter Games 2018, you already know that Comcast works hard to get our customers front and center access to monumental sporting events. The 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™ is no exception. The most prestigious tournament in soccer, which only happens every four years, deserves to be enjoyed from all angles.
How to experience the 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™ with Xfinity X1:
- Sports on X1: The Sports App on the X1 TV platform is an easy way to watch matches, set recordings, plus view results, statistics, and upcoming games. Bookmark your favorite team to stay updated on match times and channels. To open Sports on X1, press the “C” button or say “Sports app” to your X1 Voice Remote.
- Use your X1 Voice Remote: You’re in full control and your X1 Voice Remote is your command center this June. Simply press and hold the Microphone button on your remote, and say things like the following phrases to navigate the 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™ on your TV:
Voice Command Action “World Cup” Directs you to the World Cup Hub within X1. “World Cup Stats” Display a tournament overview card across the bottom of the screen. “World Cup Standings” Open a full-screen bracket overview of the tournament. “Mexico” Speak a country’s name into your Voice Remote to unveil a team overview card across the lower third of the screen (and works for all 32 teams!) “Spain vs. Portugal” View a head-to-head team comparison card on the bottom portion of your screen (also works for all 32 teams.) “Germany Schedule” View any of the competing countries’ upcoming games.
- Every replay available in English and Spanish: X1 screens and menus for the World Cup can be easily changed to Spanish and the X1 Voice Remote understands both English and Spanish commands, for example: “Mexico vs. Germany,” or “Mexíco contra Alemania”.
- Stream live on desktop, mobile, and tablet devices*: With the Xfinity Stream app, available for iOS or Android, you can view live games from any device with an Internet connection. Want to watch on your laptop or desktop? No problem. You can stream live TV from a Web browser on your computer, too!
- Never miss a match with Sports Notifications on X1: With Xfinity X1, you can get reminders of when matches are about to begin, both on your screen and via SMS text messaging. Learn how to sign up for Sports Notifications on X1.
- Watch every match in stunning 4K UHD: X1 customers can experience Telemundo’s coverage of all 64 World Cup matches in stunning 4K Ultra-High Definition. Similar to the 2018 Winter Olympics, the games are available in 4K HDR (High- Dynamic Range) the next day on demand for X1 customers who 4K have a 4K-capable set-top box and a 4K television.
The ball keeps rolling...
Soccer fanatics can enjoy around-the-clock coverage of their favorite teams well after the action and excitement of the 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™ ends. Whether you’re a fan of the English Premier League, La Liga, Major League Soccer, or any other soccer leagues across the globe, there’s a good chance you’ll be able to watch live games, replays, and highlight shows with Xfinity’s wide range of channels.
So however you choose to experience soccer in 2018 (and beyond), have a ball! Pun intended.
*Not all programming available in all areas and is subject to change