Whether you’re starting a family, moving into a new apartment, or planning some travel adventures, you may have concerns about your home’s safety (both while you’re at home and away). You may be asking yourself, “is home security necessary?” Or, “is a home security camera worth the money?”
Home security systems can help keep your home safe by deterring crime, alerting you in the event of an emergency, and allowing you to monitor your property from anywhere. With the rise of smart home technology, it’s easier than ever to customize your home security system to meet your needs and suit your budget. Let’s take a look at a few lifestyle changes that can benefit from the possibilities of a smart home security system like Xfinity Home.
The first-time homeowner
While you’re choosing paint colors and picking out furniture, don’t forget one of the best things you can do for your new investment: ensure its safety and security. Consider these features:
- Home security cameras. Set up indoor and outdoor security cameras to keep a watchful eye on your new property.
- Window and door sensors. Set customized alerts for your system, so you’ll instantly know about suspicious activity. If your sensors detect motion when you’re away, Xfinity sends you a real-time alert, letting you check in and alert authorities if necessary.
- Smart locks. Skip the new set of keys; instead, set up your brand new your locks to work from your smartphone. You can assign temporary codes to anyone who might need to stop by the house while you’re away. A temporary code is much safer and simpler than making copies of your key for family or friends.
The new parent
All new parents want to make safety a top priority. Once you’ve purchased outlet covers and baby gates, take comfort in knowing that your home is more secure and safe with the help of smart home technology. Young families can benefit from features like:
- Cameras. Think of security cameras like smart baby room monitors. You can peek in on your little one right from your smartphone, or even have the feed display on your television set.
- Smart thermostats. Set the temp in your little one’s room to make sure it doesn’t get too hot or cold while the baby is sleeping. Your thermostat will automatically adjust the temperature if it senses an imbalance, and you can control it remotely.
- Smart smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors. Just like traditional safety monitors, smart smoke alarms and detectors help make sure your home’s air is safe. Connect your monitors to your Xfinity security system to receive instant notifications if it detects smoke or CO in the air. The authorities will be notified, and you will be too, so you can act swiftly.
If you rent your home or you don’t want to commit to a hardwired installation. Here’s why a WiFi-enabled setup is an ideal home security system for renters:
- Easy to install. No drilling required. Setting up your cameras and motion sensors takes minutes, and there’s no permanent wiring to deal with, so you don’t have to worry about violating your lease.
- Remote access. With Xfinity security cameras, you can check on your home anywhere using your app.
- Movable. These sensors and cameras are a breeze to move, so you can bring them with you to your next residence.
The pet owner
If you regularly leave your house early in the morning and don’t arrive home until the evening, it can be nerve-wracking to wonder what your pets are up to all day. What’s the best home security system for pet owners? One that allows you to check in remotely, of course! With a smart system like Xfinity Home, you can livestream video straight to your smartphone to check in on your furry friends while you’re gone.
The frequent traveler
Whether you have to leave town for business or you love to travel and explore, choose smart home security features that will help you feel connected to your home, even from miles away. Some home security cameras, like the one from Xfinity Home, allow you to record and save footage. So, if someone breaks into your home or steals a package from your front porch while you’re gone, you can easily go back and see what happened (and when).
You can also connect your security system to home automation devices, such as your smart lights and thermostat, so you can manage your home from miles away.
The truth is, any lifestyle could benefit from a smarter, safer home. See how Xfinity Home can help you customize a system that works best for your needs.