By design, burglaries and thefts happen when criminals think no one is looking. Thieves strike during the workday or when families are out of town. But what if you could always be looking, no matter where you were?
With Xfinity Home, the total home security and home automation solution from Comcast, you can keep an eye on your home 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Whether you’re at the office, on vacation overseas, or in bed at night, you can easily see live footage of entry points and other vulnerable areas in your home from your smartphone, tablet, or even your TV screen. Simply add 24/7 Video Recording service to your Xfinity cameras to have access to 10 days of video history for later viewing or download.
Here’s how you can protect your family and your property with a home monitoring system that’s reliable and easy to manage remotely.
What is video monitoring?
WiFi-enabled cameras can show you a livestream feed of any area of your home, right on your mobile device. Live video monitoring allows you to view the footage on your phone or tablet in real time, so you can keep an eye on your home at any time, as long as you have an Internet connection. Check in on the babysitter or a contractor in your yard while you’re at work. Identify visitors at the front door and confirm package deliveries even when you’re on vacation. Get peace of mind if you’re away from home during a big storm, by making sure that your yard is clear of debris and fallen trees. Or, just check that the kids got home from school safely when you’re running late. You can do all this and more when you have cameras and video services from Xfinity Home.
You can also set alerts and rules for your home video surveillance cameras via the Xfinity Home mobile app. Set up the system to send a notification to your smartphone if your camera detects motion, an alarm is triggered, or your door is opened while you’re out. These alerts help you act quickly in the event of a break-in or other unexpected event.
Xfinity Internet customers can get the Xfinity camera and enjoy remote management at no additional charge via the Xfinity Home mobile app. View your home camera feeds in real-time and create and share 15-second video clips. Xfinity offers high definition indoor/outdoor cameras with a weather-resistant seal, 109-degree field of view, and infrared night vision.
What is a 24/7 video recording service?
You can add 24/7 Video Recording service to your home video surveillance cameras from Xfinity Home to access 10 days’ worth of video footage. With 24/7 Video Recording, you can rewind, download, and save video footage from your home cameras and easily share clips with family, friends, or the authorities. If you have more than one camera set up in your home, you can use your mobile device to switch which camera is recording video.
When you add 24/7 Video Recording service to your Xfinity Home camera, you’re making a valuable investment in your home. In the unfortunate event that your home is burglarized, recorded video footage may help authorities identify and track down the criminals responsible and possibly help recover lost valuables.
How do I get started?
Remote monitoring and 24/7 recording services are affordable and simple to use. Here’s what you need to know to get started.
- What equipment do I need? All you need is a camera. Existing Xfinity Internet customers can view live video from the mobile app. For existing Xfinity Home customers, you can add cameras and use the Xfinity portal, the Xfinity Home mobile app, or your TV (for customers with the X1 Voice Remote) to view your footage at any time.
- Do the cameras use WiFi? Yes, Xfinity Home operates using your home WiFi Internet connection. To operate video recording, you’ll need a minimum of 5 Mbps Internet upload/download speeds.
- How do I get the best footage? Customers can request a professional Xfinity technician to install the security system and cameras, but WiFi-enabled cameras are simple to install yourself. If you elect the Self-Install Kit, be sure to aim the cameras at entrances and high-traffic areas like your front porch, foyer, and garage. The higher you mount your camera, the more you’ll be able to see.
- What happens to the recorded footage? If you add the 24/7 Video Recording service, all recorded footage is stored in the cloud, making it easy to access your video from your computer or smart device. Footage from your cloud security camera is available for download or viewing for 10 days.
- How can I find a specific place in the recorded video? We’ve made it as simple as possible to find exactly what (or when) you’re searching for in a recording. Motion events alert you to movement or changes that occur in your camera’s view, and it’s easy to quickly scroll through hours and days of footage.
- Can I have more than one camera? Absolutely. You can have up to six cameras in and around your home. If you add 24/7 Video Recording service to just one of your cameras, you have the option to choose which camera is recording at any time.
For added protection, Xfinity Home customers can also enjoy around-the-clock professional home security monitoring with fast response time as well as battery and cellular backup. If and when alarms or sensors are triggered, Xfinity Home will dispatch the authorities.
Combined with a smart home security system, security monitors and recorders give you the peace of mind that comes with knowing your belongings and family members are protected. With a home video surveillance and recording system, your home will never be out of sight.