Millions of us purchase something over the Internet every day. Whether you’re looking for clothes, dinner, or appliances, online shopping is very convenient. Each day, there are increased opportunities for Internet users to share personal and professional information with businesses. All this information sharing reminds us to keep some safe online shopping habits top of mind. Check out these smart shopper tips to help protect yourself while shopping online and learn more about Norton™ Security Online, available at no additional cost with Xfinity Internet*.
- Don’t fall for fake shopping apps: Fake shopping apps containing malicious software are popping up, posing as legitimate apps within the Apple Store and Google Play. The best way to ensure you are downloading an authentic app to your mobile device is by getting it directly from the company’s website.
- Use a secure payment method: Only shop on sites with secure payment methods, such as PayPal. Stay away from any site that accepts checks, wire transfers, or money orders. To identify a secure site, look for “https” in the browser’s address bar, instead of “http.”
- Check for fraud: Check your credit reports and your account activity routinely throughout the year to make sure there’s been no unauthorized activity.
- Watch for spam, phishing: Be extra cautious when opening emails and never click on links from unrecognized sources.
- Reset shopping passwords: It’s a good idea to reset your shopping account passwords every 90 days in case there is a data breach at an online retailer. Also, never use the same password for multiple online shopping accounts or online banking portals, because if one is compromised, so are the rest. View more Internet security tips.
Norton™ Security Online
Norton Security Online is available at no additional cost to Xfinity Internet subscribers and helps protect your PC, Mac, and mobile devices against existing and emerging malware, ransomware, and viruses. Security features help protect your private and financial information when you go online. Additional benefits of Norton Security Online include:
- Shields you from online threats while you surf, bank, socialize, and shop online
- Browse the Web confidently knowing you’re protected from unsafe links, malicious downloads, and virus-ridden websites
- Helps you identify and shut down applications that harm your computer’s performance and stability
- Manage all of your devices from a single, easy-to-use portal
- Updates are pushed automatically so your PC, Mac, or mobile device is always up to date with the latest features and performance improvements
Norton Security Online is available at no extra cost to Xfinity Internet customers. Download it today.
Looking for even more protection? Xfinity customers can take advantage of special offers on other Internet security products. Visit https://internetsecurity.xfinity.com/ to learn more about staying secure online.
In today's digital age, you can shop for your favorite products and services with the click of a button. However, with this ease comes an increased risk of compromising your online safety. Protect against malware, viruses and more by downloading Norton™ Security Online, included with your Xfinity Internet service.
*Norton Security Online not available for Xfinity Prepaid Internet customers.