Each year the stars come together to celebrate The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences’ top honor— the Oscars® awards ceremony! This year the Oscars will take place on Sunday, April 25th, and will air live on ABC. Learn more about nominees and how to prepare below, as well as how to tune in to this year’s Oscars on Xfinity!
The Oscars® 2021: nominees, how to watch, and more
Xfinity customers can prepare for the Oscars by checking out some of this year’s nominees (as well as past winners, and more!) in the Oscars destination on X1, Flex, and Xfinity Stream. Some of this year’s Oscar nominations include:
- “The Father” (Sony Pictures Classics)
- “Judas and the Black Messiah” (Warner Bros.)
- “Mank” (Netflix)
- “Minari” (A24)
- “Nomadland” (Searchlight Pictures)
- “Promising Young Woman” (Focus Features)
- “Sound of Metal” (Amazon Studios)
- “The Trial of the Chicago 7” (Netflix)
- Thomas Vinterberg (“Another Round”)
- David Fincher (“Mank”)
- Lee Isaac Chung ("Minari”)
- Chloé Zhao (“Nomadland”)
- Emerald Fennell (“Promising Young Woman”)
Best Actor in a Leading Role
- Riz Ahmed (“Sound of Metal”)
- Chadwick Boseman (“Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom”)
- Anthony Hopkins ("The Father”)
- Gary Oldman (“Mank”)
- Steven Yeun (“Minari”)
Best Actress in a Leading Role
- Viola Davis (“Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom”)
- Andra Day (“The United States v. Billie Holiday”)
- Vanessa Kirby (“Pieces of a Woman”)
- Frances McDormand (“Nomadland”)
- Carey Mulligan (“Promising Young Woman”)
… and many more!
For a full list of Oscar nominations, click here.
If you’re ready to watch some of this year’s nominees and more Oscars favorites, just say “Oscar Movies” into your Xfinity Voice Remote to get started! Then, Xfinity TV customers can tune in live to the Oscars on Sunday, April 25th to see who takes home the esteemed Oscar statues.