How Do I Know Which Remote I Have?Not sure which remote you have? Check the back of the remote or inside the battery compartment for a model number like XR-11, XR-15 or XR-16 (no number buttons). Or, go to the Remote Code Lookup Tool for pictures of our most common remotes.
Then use the programming steps below or watch a video to learn how to set up your Xfinity Voice Remote.
Pairing Your Voice Remote With Your Xfinity TV BoxAim the Voice Remote at your X1 TV Box or Flex streaming device, press the Microphone (Voice) button and say, "Program remote." Follow the on-screen instructions. As you proceed through instructions, you may see a picture of your remote.
You can also:
- Press the A button on your remote.
- Choose Remote Setup on your TV.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
Once your Voice Remote is paired, follow the on-screen instructions to set up power, volume and input control for your TV and audio equipment.
Programming Your Voice Remote to Control Your TV or Audio Device
- Press and hold the Microphone (Voice) button and say, "Program remote." You can also get there by navigating to the Settings page, selecting Remote Settings and then Voice remote pairing.
You can also use our online Remote Code Lookup tool or the Xfinity My Account app.
- Go to the Remote Code Lookup tool and pick the Voice Remote you have. Then click Continue and follow the steps in the tool to program your remote.
- If you can't find the code in the lookup tool, check to see if your remote has a Setup button. Then follow these steps:
If it has a Setup button:
- Turn on your TV.
- Press and hold Setup until the light at the top of the remote changes from red to green.
- Enter 9-9-1. The light should flash green twice.
- Keep pressing CH ^ until the TV turns off.
- Once the TV turns off, press Setup to lock in the code.
- Press the TV power button on the remote. If the TV turns on, you're all set!
If it doesn't have a Setup button but has number buttons (XR15 Voice Remote for X1 or Flex):
- Turn on your TV.
- Press and hold the xfinity and Mute buttons together for five seconds until the light at the top changes from red to green.
- Type the first five-digit code for the TV manufacturer.
- If the remote light blinks green twice, the code is correct.
- If the remote light blinks red then green, the code is incorrect.
- Aim the remote at the TV, and press the Power button.
- If the TV turns off, turn the TV back on and make sure the Volume and Mute buttons work.
- If the TV doesn't turn off, try the next code.
If it doesn't have a Setup button and doesn't have number buttons (XR16 Voice Remote for Flex):
- Make sure your TV and TV Box are on.
- Activate the remote by removing the pull tab on the back.
- Aim the remote at the TV Box and press the Microphone (Voice) button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions that come up on your TV to finish setup.
- If you’re already paired for voice, but need to program the remote to control your TV, just press and hold the Microphone (Voice) button and say, "Program remote." You can also go to the remote programming instructions via the Remote Settings menu.
If you’re still having issues (XR16 Voice Remote for Flex without number buttons), perform a factory reset:
- Simultaneously press and hold the Info (i) button and the Home button (house icon) until the status light on the remote blinks. This takes about 5 seconds.
- Press Power, then Last (<- arrow), then Volume Down (-) on your remote in sequence to complete a factory reset. Once this is complete, you can retry pairing your XR16 Flex remote.
- Tap the TV icon, pick your TV Box, and then pick Setup a remote.
- Swipe to find the remote control model you need to program, and tap Continue.
- Pick TV or Audio/Other, and follow the programming instructions.
Additional HelpNeed more help with your Voice Remote? See our frequently asked questions.
Learn more about all our Xfinity remotes.
If you still have questions, chat with us any time.