- Enables your device operating system to connect to the secure Xfinity WiFi network (XFINITY) by installing the Xfinity WiFi secure profile.
- Provides a secure, encrypted connection to genuine Xfinity WiFi Hotspots wherever they are available around town.
Back to Top
- Make sure you're connected to the Internet, then open a browser on the device you want to install the app or profile.
- If you're not on the Xfinity WiFi microsite already, open http://wifi.xfinity.com/#app in the browser.
- Alternatively, go to xfinity.com/wifi and click on the App tab at the top of the page when it opens.
Back to Top
- Click the Download drop-down and select either the Android via App or iPhone and iPad option.
- You'll be automatically redirected to the Google Play Store (for Android) or the App Store (for iPhone and iPad). Install the latest version of the Xfinity WiFi Hotspots app.
- Launch the app, enter your Xfinity ID and password as well as a device name, then tap Sign In.
- On Android devices running Android 9.x or below, the app will automatically install the Xfinity WiFi secure profile to help your device connect to secure Xfinity WiFi Hotspots where available.
- On Android Q onwards (Android 10 onwards) you’ll need to Allow Xfinity WiFi Hotspots suggested networks for the device to be able to use the installed Xfinity WiFi secure profile.
- On iOS devices, once you log in successfully, the app will ask for permission to add Passpoint network. Tap Allow.
- When you're in the vicinity of an XFINITY SSID and go to the WiFi Picker menu, you'll get a prompt to join the “XFINITY” network. Tap Join.
- To get the latest profile, you can always go to App Settings > Update Secure Profile. Alternatively, you can sign out and sign back in to force start the profile installation process.
- Click the Download drop-down box and select the OS X (Mac) option.
- Sign in using your Xfinity ID and password.
- On the next screen, you'll be able to install the profile and access the latest security features. Click Begin Installation.
- Follow the OS prompt to install the profile. Click Install.
- If asked for credentials, enter your local username/password and click OK.
- The profile is successfully installed. The application will automatically connect you to Xfinity WiFi and give you access to the latest security features.
Back to Top
- If you're logged in when you open the Xfinity WiFi Hotspots app, you'll see the Mapview screen. Click on Settings at the bottom of the screen.
- The Xfinity ID you're currently logged in with will be listed under the Sign in as a different user heading.