Happy Lunar New Year! Celebrate the "Year of the Pig" and ring in the 2019 Lunar New Year with Xfinity!
From now until February 28, Xfinity TV customers can access thousands of hours of Asian and Asian American entertainment in one curated Xfinity On Demand destination. Simply say “Asian American” into the X1 Voice Remote to browse and navigate the experience. For the first time, online content from streaming services KOCOWA, Hi-YAH!, and Amazon Prime Video are included.
Here’s what to expect in the Lunar New Year destination, which spans music, podcasts, TV series, movies and more, along with English and in-language programming in Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and Tagalog:
- 40 Korean drama series like Running Man, The King’s Face, Rooftop Prince, Secret Door and The Great Doctor available over the Internet on X1 through a free seven-day trial of online subscription video on demand service KOCOWA
- Over 200 Chinese, Japanese, and Korean action films with English subtitles available over the Internet on X1 through a free seven-day trial of online subscription video on demand service Hi-YAH!
- Popular movies like The Handmaiden, as well as Mr. Six, Coin Locker Girl, and Already Tomorrow in Hong Kong available over the Internet on X1 from Amazon Prime Video
- X1 movies on demand like Walt Disney Animation Studios’ Mulan
- Free on demand preview offerings from leading Asian and Asian American programming
- Music and exclusives from top artists such as Kris Wu, Monsta X, Jay Park, BTS, Milck, and Ne-Yo, available through Music Choice, as well as 16 sing-along songs from subscription video on demand service Stingray Karaoke, available on X1.
- Podcasts from iHeartRadio including Project Voice, and Not Your Average Fangirls
- A unique digital wallpaper of koi fish to wish customers a year of prosperity and good fortune!
Through the whole year, customers can visit Xfinity TV’s “Asian American Film & TV” destination on Xfinity On Demand, which houses hundreds of curated titles, integrating culturally relevant content from partners including Netflix, YouTube, Amazon Prime Video, and Pandora.