In this age, we've become accustomed to having options for everything. And when it comes to entertainment—from local news to viral videos on YouTube—we’ve got more options than ever. Hulu. Sling. DirecTV.
From top premieres to the big game live, we all rely on a variety of ways to consume information and enjoy entertainment each and every day. While many still prefer having a “traditional” TV package, there's a significant shift toward customizable entertainment.In order to choose the right TV package for you, think carefully about your responses to the following questions:
- Do you watch local TV—like the news or live sports?
- How many different channels do you watch?
- Do you currently watch on a television, smartphone, tablet, and computer?
- Do you currently pay for a streaming service like Sling TV or Hulu with Live TV?
If you find yourself streaming a few favorite shows, at home or on the go, adding Xfinity Instant TV to your Xfinity Internet could be the right move. With Instant TV, you start with a small selection of channels at a low monthly price. Then you can customize with flexible and affordable channel packs. You can remove these channel packs anytime easily online, especially if some channels are just collecting dust. All while saving money compared to most other streaming services like Sling TV or DirecTV Now—it’s a win-win. Plus, since you can stream to any device, there’s no need for TV boxes taking up valuable space in your home.
Watch what you want, when you want
With Instant TV, you also get 20 hours of storage on our cloud-based DVR service, so you never have to miss a moment of the action. With Instant TV, you’ll get two simultaneous streams, so you can watch on different devices, just in case your family members don’t share your same great taste in entertainment. All you need is Xfinity Internet, a device to watch on, and you’re all set!
Over-the-top providers and how we stack up:
Over-the-top entertainment (n.): content such as film and television, delivered via an Internet connection rather than a cable or satellite provider.There are plenty of over-the-top options out there — here’s how Xfinity compares to the competition:
- Broadcast channels and sports: Xfinity Instant TV offers more broadcast channels than Sling TV, YouTube TV, and Hulu with Live TV programming. With us, you can enjoy your favorite NBC, ABC, FOX, and CBS shows while still being able to watch local news. Plus, we have the most sports channels available (including ESPN, NFL Network, and regional sports networks.)
- Availability: Our streaming service is available in most Comcast markets, while other providers such as YouTube TV are only accessible in select metropolitan areas.
- Flexible and customizable: We’re not a one-size-fits-all service. You can add or remove the channel packs and premiums you want, when you want. Simply change your packages as you go in My Account. Plus, there’s no long-term commitment so you can cancel anytime. Browse our available channel packs online.
- One bill, one username, no hassles: No need for multiple bills and logins for various streaming companies and Internet providers. Instead of using Sling TV, Hulu with Live TV, and YouTube TV alongside reliably fast Xfinity Internet and best in-home WiFi, we can handle everything for you with a simple, easy experience you’re used to and can rely on.
- cDVR storage: You can record and store up to 20 hours of content on the Instant TV Cloud DVR. Start watching your favorite sports teams and mini-series on your TV and transition the action to your backyard on your tablet when you download your favorite recordings. And unlike some of the other providers out there, you can even fast-forward through commercials with Instant TV.
- Xfinity On Demand: With Instant TV, you can also watch all of your favorite shows and hit movies with Xfinity On Demand, at home and on the go. You can catch up on last night’s episodes the very next day
- Device compatibility: Xfinity Instant TV gives you options to enjoy entertainment without the cable box. Instant TV can be paired with a Roku to watch on your TV, and it also works with tablets, smartphones, and computers. Learn more about Xfinity Instant TV compatible devices.
Ready for TV without the Box?
There’s nothing to lose (other than the set-top box and a few cables.). From channel pack selection and cDVR capabilities, to flexibility and convenience, Xfinity Instant TV offers packages that are different from Hulu plans and DirecTV Now packages. Instant TV is all about combining quality content with the power of customization, all for a great price. Plus, the first month is free! So, if you’re going to cut your cord—do it with the company that already provides your reliably fast Internet!
*Restrictions apply. Not available in all areas. Offer available to new Xfinity Internet and Xfinity Instant TV residential customers. Taxes and other fees extra. May not be combined with other offers. Up to two simultaneous streams per account. Not all programming available in all areas. Standard data charges apply to app download and usage. Check with your carrier. © 2018 Comcast. All rights reserved.