May is Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month, and Xfinity has multiple ways for our customers to celebrate and honor Asian American and Pacific Islander culture all month (and all year!) long. Learn more about all the great ways to celebrate with Xfinity and don’t miss some of the great content features and exciting events going on.
Movies, music, events, and more!
It’s worth noting that during the month of May, over 2,500 hours of content will be available to Xfinity customers, including content from Music Choice, Netflix, Amazon Prime, Tubi, YouTube, iHeartRadio (music and podcasts), Pandora, Stingray, and more. That’s a lot of Asian American and Pacific Islander content to choose from, so where should you begin? Well, we have a few ideas.
During Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month, Xfinity customers will have the opportunity to experience uniquely crafted X1 collections, including anime, K-Dramas, trivia, Bollywood films, our “Featured Editor’s Film Picks”, LGBTQ Stories, and more! There’s even a dedicated collection highlighting “Game Changers,” influential Asian Americans across entertainment.
If music is more your thing, you should head to the World Music Experience and check out all of the content from Music Choice, Stingray, TVK-Pop, iHeartRadio, and Pandora, including music videos and interviews with Steve Aoki, Kris Wu, NCT 127, Jackson Wang, and K-Pop legends BLACKPINK (who may or may not have “broken the Internet” recently with the release of their hotly anticipated music video, “Kill This Love”).
All of the content mentioned above (plus four movies from Well Go USA network, select content available in multiple Asian languages and dialects, and even more) will be available to customers all month long, with Xfinity supporting Asian American and Pacific Islander culture and heritage throughout the entire year during celebrations such as Lunar New Year, Diwali, and so on.
Free Asian American and Pacific Islander TV content available with Xfinity
Although all of that sounds great, movies and music aren’t all that we have in store for Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month— check out the list below to learn more about all the great, free TV content available to Xfinity On Demand customers this May:
- Anime Network (5/6 – 5/12) - Anime Network’s fresh programming blocks and original content offer a broad array of genres including action, adventure, comedy, drama, mystery, science fiction, fantasy, romance, thriller and horror. We bring fans the hottest titles as well as the enduring classics that made anime a household word.
- Eros Now (5/6 – 5/12) - Eros Now On Demand is a subscription featuring the hottest Bollywood entertainment. Get access to exciting entertainment with hit movies, including new releases and classics, music videos, and special behind the scenes footage. All movies are Hindi, subtitled in English.
- TV JAPAN ON DEMAND (5/6 – 5/12) - TV Japan offers dramas, variety shows and children’s programming in Japanese.
- KOCOWA (5/13 – 5/19) - KOCOWA brings you premium on-demand TV content from leading Korean media companies – KBS, MBC, and SBS. KOCOWA delivers high-quality English subtitled K-Dramas, K-Variety shows, and K-Pop Programs.
- Hi-YAH! (5/20 – 5/26) - Hi-YAH! is your new favorite martial arts and action movie channel! It’s the sound of mayhem – of flying fists and roundhouse kicks, ninja stars and fighting sticks. Featuring hundreds of hours of programming refreshed monthly including your favorites from Bruce Lee, Jackie Chan, Donnie Yen, Tony Jaa, Johnnie To, Yuen Woo-Ping and more.
All this (and much, much more) is waiting for you throughout the month of May, and beyond! If you’re ready to see it all for yourself, simply say “Asian American” into your X1 Voice Remote. Tune in, and check out all the movies, music, TV and more available to Xfinity customers in honor of Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month.