The Olympic Winter Games 2018 are upon us, and team Xfinity is excited to put you in the driver's seat (or keep you in the recliner). You don't have to be in PyeongChang, South Korea to enjoy an all-access, VIP experience 24 hours a day. In fact, you don't even have to be in front of your TV. Whether you are a bobsled fanatic, ice hockey enthusiast, or even a curling purist, you can track your favorite teams and athletes in real time with Xfinity X1, Xfinity Stream app, and sports on X1.
How to use X1 to view real-time updates of the Olympic Winter Games 2018:
- Press the “C” button on your Xfinity remote to open sports on X1 on your TV screen. From here, navigate to the ‘Winter Olympics’ tab to find lots of options, ranging from viewing stats to watching highlights.
Pro Tip: Have an X1 Voice Remote? Press and hold the microphone button, then say “Sports” to get into the action.
How to mark a team/country as your favorite:
- You can select your favorite teams (countries) so you know when they are about to compete. To bookmark a team/country, open sports on X1, navigate to ‘Winter Olympics,’ and use the up and down arrow buttons on your remote to highlight the sport in which your favorite team is playing. Next, press the ‘OK’ button. Scroll down until you see the ‘Favorite’ option highlighted in blue on the bottom of the app screen. Scroll down and press ‘OK’ to mark a team as your favorite.
After selecting your favorite teams, you will notice a ‘Favorites’ tab in the sports area of X1 alongside different leagues. This will now act as your on-screen hub to stay current with your favorite countries. To unfavorite a team, follow the same process, deselect the team, and press Done.
Never miss a moment! While navigating sports on X1, you’ll still be able to view live programming on the left-hand side of your screen.
How to view live Olympic Winter Games action from your phone, tablet, or computer:
- With the Xfinity Stream app, you can view live television from devices with Internet connectivity while on the go.
Want even more ways to get in on the action? We’ve got you covered.
Grab your favorite slippers, whip up some hot cocoa, and kick your feet up. ‘Tis the season of cheer (and cheering for your favorites!) In addition to around-the-clock updates, we’re committed to giving you complete voice control throughout the Olympic Winter Games 2018. There are over 1,500 Olympic-specific voice commands to take your Winter Games experience to the next level.
Some examples of our favorite X1 voice commands for the Olympic Winter Games 2018 include:
- “Olympics” - a simple yet effective way to be taken to the X1 screen displaying live action, replays, highlights, and more.
- “Show me medals” - displays a complete list of medals per country
- “Speed skating stats” - say any sport followed by stats to view up-to-the-second statistics
- “Ski jumping results” - say your desired sport followed by “results” to stay updated on who’s medaling and who’s not.
- “United States luge” - say a country followed by a sport to view an event summary for a specific team.
- “How is Gus Kenworthy doing?” - ask about athletes to see their progress and upcoming runs.
From sports on X1 to Xfinity Stream and the wide array of curated voice commands, you’ll be sure to stay current on all the Olympic Winter Games action and excitement. Ready to root for Team USA? We hear you, loud and clear!