It’s official— the Olympic Games in Tokyo are just one year away! With a full lineup of both new and old sports coming to the summer games, there’s a lot to look forward to. Celebrate the upcoming Olympic events, and cheer on Team USA all year long!
New sports, returning favorites, and more
The Olympic Games in Tokyo will feature a myriad of new or returning sports such as karate, rock climbing, surfing, skateboarding, and both men’s baseball and women’s softball. Some games (like rock climbing, karate, surfing and skateboarding) are brand new for The Olympics, while others (like baseball and softball) are making a long-awaited return from Olympic Games prior.
If you’re excited to catch some of the pre-Olympic sports action before next year’s games begin, check out the sporting events being broadcast on NBC, NBCSN, and the Olympic Channel this summer as a part of the Team USA Champions Series, presented by Xfinity:
Toyota Track and Field Outdoor Championships:
- Friday, July 26: 7pm-9pm (NBCSN); July 28: 7pm-8pm (NBCSN)
- Saturday, July 27: 4pm-6pm (NBC); July 28: 8pm-9pm (NBC)
Swimming Phillips 66 National Championships:
- Wednesday, July 31: 8pm-9:30pm (NBCSN)
- Wednesday, July 31: 10:30pm-12:00am (Olympic Channel)
- Thursday, Aug 1: 8pm-9:30pm (NBCSN)
- Friday, Aug 2: 8pm-9pm (NBCSN)
- Saturday, Aug 3: 2pm-3pm (NBC), 8pm-9:30pm (Olympic Channel), 12:30pm-2am (NBCSN)
- Sunday, Aug 4: 1-2:30am (NBCSN), 4pm-6pm (NBC), 8pm-9:30pm (Olympic Channel)
Celebrate The Olympics all year long
Tune in to all the great sporting events happening this summer and celebrate the upcoming Olympic Games Tokyo 2020! Cheer on Team USA all year long, and get ready to watch summer sports and more all year long on NBC, NBCSN, and the Olympic Channel.