The Xfinity Black Film & TV destination is proud to present the Historically Black Colleges and Universities (or, “HBCU”) destination on Xfinity On Demand. The HBCU Experience was created three years ago for HBCU students, alumni and anyone interested in learning more about the unique culture of these hallmarks of the African American community. The collection features sports, hit TV shows, blockbuster movies – all highlighting the Black college experience. Plus, viewers can catch music videos, live HBCU football games, videos showcasing student achievements, vibrant performances by HBCU school marching bands, alumni spotlights and more!
Learn more and check out the updated HBCU Experience on demand by saying “HBCU” into your Xfinity X1 Voice Remote.
New HBCU content for the Fall season: Xfinity Originals, updated sports schedules, and more!
The HBCU Xfinity on Demand experience has been enhanced this season by all-new content, including:
- *New* Xfinity original content - In October, there will be two new documentary style pieces about life at Historically Black Colleges and Universities. One will focus on Black Greek Organizations and the other will highlight thriving HBCU’s.
- *New* web content highlighting the nine Black Greek Letter Organizations.
- Updated sports schedules and standings for HBCU sports teams.
- Updated network content in the VOD collection, “The HBCU Experience”.
- Updated Student TV & Movie watchlists.
- Two new series from Aspire TV (‘No Huddle’ and ‘After the Game’).
- Popular syndicated series like ‘A Different World’, ‘College Hill’ and ‘The Quad’.
- New music playlists from Music Choice and more!
In addition, Rolling Out has partnered with Comcast on a new initiative and have released a series of videos on Xfinity on Demand featuring Keshia Knight Pulliam (Spelman College Alum), Towanda Braxton (Bowie State University Alum) and Fonzworth Bentley (Morehouse College Alum). In the videos, the celebrities play the “What’s Your HBCU IQ?” game and are quizzed on their HBCU knowledge, and more!