The Xfinity Black Film & TV destination is proud to present the Historically Black Colleges and Universities (or, “HBCU”) destination on Xfinity On Demand. The HBCU Experience was created four years ago for HBCU students, alumni and anyone interested in learning more about the unique culture and hallmarks of the African American community. The collection features sports, hit TV shows, blockbuster movies – all highlighting the Black college experience. Plus, viewers can catch music videos, live HBCU football games, videos showcasing student achievements, vibrant performances by HBCU school marching bands, alumni spotlights and more!
Learn more and check out the updated HBCU Experience on demand by saying “HBCU” into your Xfinity X1 Voice Remote.
New HBCU content for the Fall season: Xfinity Originals, updated sports schedules, and more!
The HBCU Xfinity on Demand experience has all-new content this season, including:
- Three new collections filled with shows and movies that feature Black students, teachers, and education: Black Students Matter, Black Teachers Matter, and Black Education Matters. Inside each one there are shows and movies that feature each topic. A few examples of content that can be found in these collections include When They See Us, The Hate U Give, America to Me, Miss Virginia, School Daze, and more.
- “I Am HBCU Proud” original content highlighting HBCU alumni and their stories
- Custom HBCU playlists provided by Music Choice including HBCU Band Hits, HBCU ’95 Jams, Millennial HBCU, For the HBCU Steppers, and more.
- Culture-driven podcasts from iHeart Radio.
- Voices of Civil Rights videos that cover the history of the Black experience in education and civil rights.
- Updated content in the TV and movie collections including Homecoming: A Film By Beyoncé, plus classic movie favorites like Drumline and Stomp the Yard.
- Web content highlighting the nine Black Greek Letter Organizations.